Strategy in Practice / Tvorba strategie firmy
Course code: 3MB106
Course title in language of instruction: Strategy in Practice
Course title in Czech: Tvorba strategie firmy (anglicky)
Course title in English: Strategy in Practice
Number of ECTS credits allocated: 6
Mode of delivery: full–time
Mode of completion: graded course
Language of instruction: English
Level of course and year of study: master: 1
Name of lecturer(s): prof. Ing. Jiří Hnilica Ph.D., ing. Ladislav Tyll, MBA, Ph.D.
Recommended optional programme components: none
Work placement: none
Aims of the course:This course builds on 3SG400 Strategy and develops in particular a practical part of the strategy. Students will learn how to integrate individual building elements of the strategic management of the company so that they can form a suitable business strategy, i.e. to create and implement strategic decisions. An integral part of the course will be the evaluation of the impact of current megatrends on the strategy with an emphasis on digitization. The course will be conducted in the form of a workshop involving both business partners and consulting firms.
Learning Outcomes and Competence:Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- explain the principles of strategic thinking;
- evaluate key megatrends in terms of business strategy;
- describe the process of finding mission, vision, and default values;
- evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the business;
- develop a business strategy in individual steps;
- explain the importance of learning process and its impact on business strategy.
- principles of strategic thinking, search for mission and vision, value statements.
- business arena delineation.
- basic definition of strategy and differentiation from competition.
- determining the type of strategy.
- business potential analysis.
- establishment of the initial strategic options of the company and their valuation.
- strategic goals and ways to achieve them.
- implementation, updating, and learning process with.